SENTRY® Calming Diffuser for Dogs
- Scientifically proven to reduce stress-related behaviors such as marking, excessive barking, and chewing
- Releases pheromones for up to 30 days to help reduce anxious puppy and dog behaviors
- Convenient plug-in design, no spraying or messy application
- Effective at calming your dog when used as directed
PARTNERING WITH LEADING EXPERTS AND UNIVERSITIES FOR MORE THAN A DECADE.
How to install and use the first time: Unscrew the bottle cap. Leave wick in bottle. Insert bottle firmly into diffuser. Diffuser plug rotates if needed, do not rotate bottle. Bottle must remain in upright position. Plug into electrical outlet in desired room.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
A: This product is proven to effectively modify certain behavioral problems in dogs/cats.
Common signs of stress in Dogs:
- Whining/excessive barking
- Nervous licking
Common stress triggers in Dogs can be caused by:
- Vet visits
- Home alone
- Changes in routine
- New social interaction
- Loud noises
Q: How does this product work?
A: SENTRY Calming Diffusers help pets feel secure in stress-related situations by emitting a continuous pheromone. Dogs/cats associate this pheromone with the reassuring feeling they had as puppies/kittens when around their mother. Pets recognize this pheromone throughout their life. SENTRY Calming Diffuser provides a calming effect and lavender and chamomile provide a soothing fragrance.
Q: Can multiple diffusers be used at the same time?
A: Yes. You can use multiple diffusers throughout your home.
Q: I just purchased the diffuser. How do I use it?
A: How to install and use the first time: Unscrew the bottle cap. Leave wick in bottle. Insert bottle firmly into diffuser. Diffuser plug rotates if needed, do not rotate bottle. Bottle must remain in upright position. Plug into electrical outlet in desired room.
Q: How do I install the refill bottle?
- Remove diffuser from electrical outlet.
- Allow diffuser to cool before replacing the bottle.
- Unscrew the bottle from the diffuser.
- Unscrew the bottle cap from the new refill bottle. Leave the wick in the bottle.
- Insert the new refill bottle firmly into the diffuser. The diffuser plug rotates if needed. Do not rotate bottle. The bottle must remain in the upright position.
- Plug into electrical outlet in desired room.
Q: It seems like the diffuser is clogged and it is not working properly, what should I do?
A: Oils may collect on the diffuser over time. Allow diffuser to cool before cleaning. To clean remove diffuser from the outlet and wipe with clean, dry cloth. Do not immerse in water.
Q: The wick of the diffuser looks burnt. Should I still use it? What might be wrong with it?
A: The wick has a natural brown color and should be okay to use right out of the package.
Q: How long is the diffuser active?
A: Every 30 days replace the bottle with another SENTRY Calming Diffuser refill. The diffuser unit itself should be replaced every 6 months.
Q: Can I use multiple pheromone products together (collar, spray, etc)?
A: Yes, you can use the other available SENTRY Brand pheromone products (calming collars, calming sprays, calming ointment and Stop That!) with the diffuser when used as directed. Regarding other brands of pheromone products, we would recommend contacting the company that manufacturers them.
Q: What is the percentage of pheromones in this product?
A: The percentage of pheromones in the diffuser is 0.02%.
Q: Are the pheromones synthetic?
A: Yes, the pheromones are synthetic.
Q: Does this product contain Lavender and Chamomile?
A: This product contains both Lavender and Chamomile fragrance.
Q: What are the pheromones that are in this product?
A: The pheromones in this product mimic the pheromones that the mother dog/cat produces to calm and reassure her puppies/kittens.
Q: How old does my pet need to be to use this product?
A: This product can be used on pets of all ages.
Q: Are these the same pheromones that are in the “Stop That!” pheromone product.
A: No, this product contains different pheromones.
Q: How large of an area will one diffuser cover?
A: One diffuser will work in an area up to 215 Square Feet. We would recommend purchasing additional diffusers for multiple rooms.
Q: Where is this product made?
A: The pheromone liquid is made in the USA however the parts of the diffuser may be sourced globally.
Q: What happens if the fragrance affects my pet’s eyes?
A: This product is non-toxic and should not cause any problems for your pet.
Q: I bought the product that says it is for dogs; however, the package indicates that it is for both dogs and cats. Can I use this on my cat?
A: The dog/cat diffusers are made to be used on either dogs or cats.
Q: Why do you only have the product labeled for dogs if it is okay for cats as well?
A: Many specialty retailers have separate dog and cat product sections, so there is a product made for each section.
Q: Will the diffuser affect other pets in the home?
A: The diffuser will affect other dogs/cats that are in the vicinity of the diffuser. This product will not affect other species of pets in your home (birds, ferrets, rabbits, etc.).
Q: Can I use this product around my pregnant dog/cat?
A: Yes, this product can be used around a pregnant animal.
Q: Will this product have any effect on me or my family?
A: No, this product does not have any effects on humans. However, if you or any family member is sensitive to fragrances, this product does contain a lavender and chamomile fragrance.
Q: I’m pregnant. Is it safe for me to use this product in my home?
A: This product can be used in your home if you are pregnant and has no effect on humans. However, if you or any family member is sensitive to fragrances, this product does contain a lavender and chamomile fragrance.
Q: What is the shelf life of this product?
A: The shelf life is 3 years from the date of manufacture.
Q: Are there any warnings for this product?
- Use only in a properly functioning 120-volt electrical outlet.
- Keep container tightly closed when not in use.
- Bottle must remain in the upright position to prevent a risk of fire or shock due to potentially leaking liquid onto live parts.
- Do not cover the diffuser.
- Do not place behind or underneath furniture.
- Do not touch the device with metal objects or wet hands.
- May cause eye and skin irritation.
- Avoid contact with skin, eyes or clothing.
- Store in a cool, dry place (below 77 F. or 25 C.), inaccessible to children and pets.
Q: I have been using the Diffuser for a while and I’m not seeing any improvement, should I stop using it?
A: Some cats/dogs may require or take up to a month to show visible improvement. The perception of the pheromones by the cat/dog is immediate. However, visible improvement in specific behaviors may require some time, depending on factors such as:
- Individual differences in pets
- The nature, duration and severity of the behavioral problem
- The types of behavior modifications that the pet owner is using or has used
Q: Will this product stain my wall/carpet etc. if it leaked on it?
A: If this product leaks on your wall or carpet it may discolor the surface. Clean with detergent and water.
Q: I left these in my car when it was very hot/cold. Are they still okay to use?
A: Yes. Allow the product to come to room temperature before using.